Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Are you ready?

I was reading through a blog from a great writer in South Africa and found the following gripping post.

http://africandust.blogspot.com/2005/01/absent-from-body.html

I link directly to the post, since I cannot even begin to do justice to the way Clare wrote so eloquently. The story gripped my heart and I could feel the pangs of sorrow and pain that she wrote about.

From my perspective the story symbolized many things. The most important is that we need to be ready to transition to eternity at any moment since being absent from the body is to be in the presence of the Lord. The second is the selfless way that Dave Shaw dove 270 meters (approx. 810 feet) to recover the body of a fellow diver.

Another link to a news article that describes the rescue attempt.

No comments: